By Zeev Estrov (auth.), Lalitha Nagarajan (eds.)
Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), is the commonest kind of leukemia in adults. AML is a perilous type of malignancy, the diagnosis for which has now not superior within the final 20 years. extra importantly, it's a malignancy that's visible in older adults, accordingly the variety of situations is probably going to upward thrust because the inhabitants a while.
Over the prior 15 years, genetic mechanisms underlying AML have began to spread. extra examine during this quarter has helped determine key elements and features. accordingly, specific treatment of AML is receiving a lot awareness. it's the wish of researchers that as with power myelogenous leukemia (CML), and the drug, Gleevec, a detailed remedy for AML should be discovered.
"The powerful remedy of acute myelogenous leukemia continues to be a very good problem. this article studies our realizing of the molecular and biologic foundation of the illness. top investigators deal with advances in prognostication and healing techniques that experience major promise."
Steven T. Rosen, M.D.
Read or Download Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy PDF
Best biophysics books
This ebook provides new arithmetic for the outline of constitution and dynamics in molecular and mobile biology. On an exponential scale it truly is attainable to mix features describing internal company, together with finite periodicity, with capabilities for outdoor morphology right into a whole definition of constitution.
Complaints of the 3rd foreign Symposium on Frontiers in Biomedical Polymers together with Polymer Therapeutics: From Laboratory to medical perform, held might 23-27, 1999, in Shiga, Japan. This ebook makes a speciality of the development and certain discoveries within the interdisciplinary clinical and technological quarter of biomedical program of polymers.
Tropenkrankheiten sind f? r viele L? nder zunehmend eine wirtschaftliche und soziale Belastung. Die Molekularbiologie untersucht die Infektionsmechanismen auf molekularer Ebene und tr? gt dazu bei, neue Therapieformen zu entwickeln. Das Buch beleuchtet wichtige Tropenkrankheiten in je einem eigenen Kapitel - mit Schwerpunkt auf aktuellen molekularbiologischen Erkenntnissen.
Hectic accidents of the spinal wire remain the most typical explanation for everlasting paralysis in teenagers within the usa. New details has emerged at the reaction of spinal neurons to harm of both the spinal twine or peripheral nerves demonstrating that dendrites of injured motoneurons tackle features of axons.
- Autobiography and Literary Essays (Collected Works of John Stuart Mill - Vol 1)
- How To Become a Schizophrenic: The Case Against Biological Psychiatry
- Corridor Ecology: The Science and Practice of Linking Landscapes for Biodiversity Conservation
- The World of Nano-Biomechanics: Mechanical Imaging and Measurement by Atomic Force Microscopy
- The Biology of Blood-Sucking in Insects (2nd Edition)
Extra info for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy
81. Jenuwein T, Allis CD. Translating the histone code. Science. 2001;293(5532):1074–1080. 82. Jin F, Dowdy SC, Xiong Y, Eberhardt NL, Podratz KC, Jiang SW. Up-regulation of DNA methyltransferase 3B expression in endometrial cancers. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;96(2): 531–538. 83. Johnstone RW, Licht JD. Histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer therapy: is transcription the primary target? Cancer Cell. 2003;4(1):13–8. 84. Jones PA, Baylin SB. The fundamental role of epigenetic events in cancer. Nat Rev Genet.
30. Cihak A, Vesely J. Prolongation of the lag period preceding the enhancement of thymidine and thymidylate kinase activity in regenerating rat liver by 5-azacytidine. Biochem Pharmacol. 1972;21(24):3257–3265. 31. Cihak A, Vesely J, Skoda J. Azapyrimidine nucleosides: metabolism and inhibitory mechanisms. Adv Enzyme Regul. 1985;24:335–354. 32. Cimino G, Moir DT, Canaani O, et al. Cloning of ALL-1, the locus involved in leukemias with the t(4;11)(q21;q23), t(9;11)(p22;q23), and t(11;19)(q23;p13) chromosome translocations.
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2003;100(8):4389–4394. 64. Hanahan D, Weinberg RA. The hallmarks of cancer. Cell. 2000;100(1):57–70. 65. He LZ, Guidez F, Tribioli C, et al. Distinct interactions of PML-RARalpha and PLZFRARalpha with co-repressors determine differential responses to RA in APL. Nat Genet. 1998;18(2):126–135. 66. Heinzel T, Lavinsky RM, Mullen TM, et al. A complex containing N-CoR, mSin3 and histone deacetylase mediates transcriptional repression. Nature. 1997;387(6628):43–48. 67. Herman JG, Baylin SB.